Conference on Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products
Advanced Therapies – Challenges for Routine Applications
17 - 18 May 2022 | DECHEMA-Haus, Frankfurt am Main
Online registration is expected to be available in March 2022.
In recent years, Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products (ATMP) have evolved into a promising and highly hoped-for medical approach to cure a broad spectrum of inherited and acquired human diseases, ranging from cancer to immunological disorders and rare diseases. However, the path from development to clinical application is not yet routine. Advances in development and manufacturing will be presented at ATMP 2022, as well as quality control methods and regulatory aspects.
The focus is on the path to safe and beneficial advanced therapies for the patient. The event will highlight the challenging field of gene and cell therapeutic approaches. The challenges and issues of manufacturing and analytics of gene and cell therapeutics are very different from all other therapeutics, including biopharmaceuticals. A key factor of success is the management of multiple challenges addressing safety, purity and potency of these advanced therapies.
More information about registration, fees, hygiene conept and keynote speakers.
The conference will especially focuse on the following topics:
- Challenges in development of gene transfer vectors
- Non-viral methods for gene transfer
- Genome editing for cell-based therapies
- Somatic cell therapeutics
- iPSC- and MSC-derived therapeutics
- Allogeneic vs. autologous therapeutic products
- Strategies against solid tumors
- Advanced manufacturing processes and scalability
- Automation and digitalization in ATMP production
- Optimization and new methods in quality control
- Clinical studies and clinical applications
- Regulatory pathways and challenges